Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rrrrrrrrrrollin' rollin' rollin', keep those tongues a rollin'


Me + Spanish = Sad.  I have never been the kind of person that just "picks up" a language.  They don't resemble fallen coins on the corner so much in my mind.  My lame attempts at French and Italian were both thwarted by my lack of confidence combined with other people`s reations when I spake it.  Some may think this would make South America a poor choice to set up shop for many meses, but think again!  That`s what I brought Grace for.  I kid, I kid...mostly.  So far what I know of hablaring the Español is what I've learned from my mentors Chris Farley and Keanu Reeves. "Yo soy El Nino" and "Vaya con Dios" are about all I feel completely comfortable with, but I have been successful at one aspect of the language: the rolling of the Rs.  Contrary to popular belief, this talent is not hereditary.  See Exhibit A:

I`m relly sorry fambles, but I just couldn`t resist.  Love you and miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment