The Galapagos has been one of those things in the world that I have always been dying to see. When Grace and I first started talking about our trip it was the one thing I was absolutely insistent on doing. But man, it is not a cheap thing to do. After forking over a huge chunk of our budget to Fernando and Dougie Dougie for our 8-day crusie tour, we figured we should also do some exploring on our own and see some of the other islands we wouldn't see on the tour.
Anyone thinking about going to the Galapagos, I highly recommend you do the same.
The next day we toured around the rest of the island, stumbling upon an amazing treehouse, La Casa del Ceibo about 20 minutes outside of town. We could have stayed there for only 15 bucks a night, but there were only 2 very small beds for us 3...next time, next time. We continued along to a gorgeous crater lake, a giant tortoise reserve, and gorgeous beach whose beauty was eclipsed by a giant horsefly ambush. Another GREAT day in the life.



No comments:
Post a Comment